Saturday, December 6, 2008

Checking in


Hi Guys! I'm still here - sorry I haven't posted in a while. The Boss Lady has been really busy these last few weeks and hasn't had time to log me onto the computer.

I'm still on restricted activity though I can go for some slow walks. I am not, however, supposed to chase the squirrels we see on our walks. The Boss Lady has to keep reminding me of that part.

We've had some mild excitement here. We have two new additions to the pack. The Boss Lady brought home two kittens that had lost their mother.

This one is Fossil:


And this guy is Darwin:



They were being hand-raised by the vet staff at the place where I get my chiropractic adjustments for my shoulder and back. I thought they were pretty neat (especially after I was sure they weren't going to swat me!) Dublin isn't as excited about them as I am. Limerick is the most excited of all, though. He follows them around everywhere they go and unlike the older two cats that live here, the kittens don't seem to mind.

Kittens are weird. They don't like to play fetch but they like to chase things. Sometimes those things include my tail. That isn't as much fun for me as it seems to be for the kittens. To prevent that from happening too often, I like to distract the kittens with other potential toys. Here's a picture of me with Darwin - we're playing with a piece of paper from the paper shredder:



I'll have more to report later. The Boss Lady just brought a big pine tree into the house. I'm not sure what it is for, but I think it must be for me to use for my pee-breaks. I don't like to go outside when it is really cold or rainy now that my shoulder fur has been shaved, so the Boss Lady must have brought that in for me - she's nice like that. I'm not sure why she is decorating it though....

~Finnegan, Kitten Entertainer Extraordinaire

No comments: