Friday, July 25, 2008

I love a good party....

I almost forgot to tell you...a few weeks ago, the Boss Lady threw a huge party, just for me! Wasn't that nice of her? She called it "the Town's Independence Day Celebration". I don't know what that means, but it was still a nice party. There seemed to be a lot of people in our neighborhood that day, so I knew something was up. And then the Boss Lady put my fancy Easy Walk Harness on me and took me to that big open field a few blocks from our house. She calls it a "park".

When we got to the park there were hundreds, maybe even a thousand people, all there to see me! I was so surprised! There were people of all sizes there, even some little humans in their own little chairs on wheel (strollers I think the Boss Lady called them). I didn't know humans came so tiny. They were fun to look at for a while, but they didn't throw any toys or do anything too exciting, so I soon lost interest. I had my best "hostess hat" on though, so I smiled politely at the little humans and made all the appropriate comments to the little humans' parents (I was a mother myself, you know, so I know how important that is).

I walked among the crowd, meeting and greeting everyone I could. I particularly liked the mid-sized humans as they loved to give pets and toss toys for me. And the adult humans were pretty nice too! They were thrilled to see me (as would be expected, I guess, as I was the guest of honor.)

We stayed for about an hour or so and then the Boss Lady took me back to the house so I could have a nap. Being a hostess is really hard work, I discovered.

I hope my guests didn't mind that I retired early, but a girl needs her beauty sleep...


~Anya

No comments: