Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Dog Heaven

Well my friends, sorry I haven't posted earlier, but I was still recovering from my weekend at dog heaven, aka Sugar Bush Farm. We got to sleep in a people crate - the Boss Lady called it a "tent". Whatever it was called, I thought it was pretty neat. I didn't know humans slept in crates, too.


There was a DOCNA agility trial going on at Sugar Bush this weekend and our good buddies at NEBCR were manning the food booth.

While the humans were busy, the dogs were having the time of our lives. We got to run around and go swimming. And there was always a human around willing to toss a toy. What could be better?

Well, I'll tell you. I got to meet the love of my life. He's the strong, silent type.


I was smitten, I followed him everywhere. The Boss Lady mumbled something about playing hard to get, but I didn't have time for that.

Eventually, I wore him down.







Alas, my hero didn't seem quite as enamored of me. Such is life. Maybe I'll have better luck next time.


I also got to find out what the Boss Lady meant when she said I might get a chance on sheep. It turns out that it was a lot of work. I watched Dublin and Limerick go first.




It sure seemed like a lot of effort just to get some lamb chops. Then the Boss Lady mentioned that I wouldn't get to eat the sheep! Why bother? I thought - and promptly took myself off to the pond for a cooling swim.

I also got to meet a bunch of other NEBCR foster dogs. There was this guy:



He was pretty cool - he liked to hang out and chill. I think the Boss Lady was trying to figure out how she could smuggle him out of there without anyone noticing. I suggested she leave Limerick behind so she would have room to fit him in the car but she wasn't going for it.


I also got to meet this gal:





She was a bit of a show-off and kept returning the frisbee right to the feet of the person who threw it. I think she did it just to make me look bad.

She's got some cool frisbee catching moves though, I have to admit.








Well, that's it for now. Off to get my beauty sleep.

~Anya

No comments: