Saturday, January 17, 2009

All Cleared for Take-off!




So the Boss Lady and I went to see the surgeon on Wednesday for a check-up. The Boss Lady said I was all done with surgery (I hope so! I had run out of shoulders by this point!) and this was just to see how I've been healing. She said not to get my hopes up as I had a few weeks before I was due to be cleared for "light activities like leash-walking". I've been trying to tell her that I feel great and I am "good to go!" but she wasn't buying it.


So imagine my surprise when the surgeon said I was walking great and could have some light leash walking now - a whole 3 weeks ahead of schedule! I don't know who was more surprised - the surgeon or me. The Boss Lady said it really helped that I was eating a high quality raw diet and I got regular acupuncture and chiropractic adjustments. It must be so, because I am finally cleared for activity! Woo-hoo!!!

Crate rest for a border collie is a fate worse than death, so I can't wait to start running, jumping and playi-oops, the Boss Lady just reminded me that the surgeon said light activities like leash walking only.

Okay, I'll take what I can get for now. At least I know that I will be able to run and play soon!

Finnegan, the very HAPPY dog!

No comments: