Monday, June 30, 2008

Anya's Intro

Hi. I'm Anya and I'm a border collie. I'm what you'd call a "foster dog" which means I'm just hanging out with the 'boss lady' until my forever family comes along. I had a family before, and they were pretty cool but unfortunately they fell on some hard times and had to give some of us up. They loved us though, and took the effort to give us to rescue instead of just dumping us. We were lucky enough to land at New England Border Collie Rescue.

So far things have been pretty cool. I live with two other border collies - my "foster brothers". The older one (Dublin) is fun to chill with; the younger one (Limerick) is a punk, but I've finally figured him out. He acts all big and tough, but if I give him the good ol' border collie stare, he gets all wigged out. Now I enjoy messing with him.





Yeah, it may be childish, but I need to get my laughs somehow.



Here's a picture of me with the little guy:



I also live with two mean cats. There will be no pictures of me with the cats, however, because I try to avoid being within claw striking distance of them. I learned very quickly that they don't tolerate any nonsense, so I give them all the respect they could possibly want. No problems with me, Mr Cat Sir, no problems at all, Madam Cat - I am more than happy to get out of your way.

One cool thing about this place is that we get fed really cool food. The Boss Lady calls it "raw" but that just means we get to eat whole fish and chicken and cool stuff like that. I was a bit hesitant at first, but now I dive right in. My favorite thing to do is steal my foster brothers' food when they aren't looking and gather it all up into a pile and sit on it. Hey, if they can't be bothered to watch their own stuff, then tough, I say. The Boss Lady doesn't like it when I do that though. She makes me give it back.

Well, I guess that's it for now. The Boss Lady said that I am going up as "available for adoption" now and my forever family will find me soon. I am looking forward to being in my own home. I just hope they have nice cats there....

No comments: